Re: [avr-chat] avrdude & ATmega644a?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude & ATmega644a?
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 22:56:51 +0100

As Rick Mann wrote:

> Is that also true of 644P/V (I think the V is industrial temp
> range)?

Now you've caught me ... I forgot that the ATmega644 and ATmega644P
are fairly different devices (which is the exception; normally, P and
non-P devices don't differ much).  Now, I'm not sure whether the
ATmega644A inherited the (reduced - only 1 USART) feature set and the
device ID from the oringal ATmega644, or instead is more compatible
with the ATmega644P.  Please check the migration notes from Atmel.

As for the V (previously L) devices, they were characterized for a
lower voltage range, at the cost of a reduced maximal clock speed.
This distinction is generally gone with the introduction of the
die-shrink "A" devices: the A devices always cover the entire speed
vs. supply voltage range, so you can run them from the lower voltage
margin (at the appropriately reduced clock speed) up to the maximal
clock speed (at 4.5 V and above) on the same chip.