[avr-chat] OT: will trade JtagIce2's for Dragon's

From: Steve Franks
Subject: [avr-chat] OT: will trade JtagIce2's for Dragon's
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:25:32 -0700

I hope this isn't inappropriate for this list.  I've 3 jtagice2's with
broken cables.  I'll trade any of them for dragons.  I never debug
anyway.  The cables are broken, so I cannot guarantee they function,
but problems appear related to wiggling cables, and then they work
intermittently.  Tried to replace cables as per previous discussions
on this list, but Atmel, in their infinite wisdom (1) used a flimsy
0.5mm cable for something that gets beat around the lab in the first
place, and (2) stripped opposite sides of the cable on opposite ends,
making something that can only be replaced by someone with the
capability to strip flex.  You have been warned.  I've also
disassembled them, and there appears no good place to solder headers
inside to pick up the jtag signals.  Anyway, $900 of scrap laying
around my lab as far as I'm concerned...

I suggest off-list replies if anyone with a flex stripper has interest in them.

Steve