[avr-chat] printf( float ) issues using avr-gcc w/ AVR Studio

From: Reza Naima
Subject: [avr-chat] printf( float ) issues using avr-gcc w/ AVR Studio
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 02:49:27 -0700

So I know that you're supposed to go into the configuration window and add the _flt libs to get floating point to work, but it doesn't seem to be working. Besides that, what's odd is that when I add it, the program size gets smaller. If I don't have any libs selected, then printf still
works somehow (without the float)?  What's going on here?

Here's the command line that avr studio generates :

avr-gcc.exe -mmcu=atmega64 main.o ringbuffer.o usb.o delay.o events.o uart.o kw1281.o timer.o -lprintf_flt -lm -o usbtest.elf

And are they ever going to fix the bug of constantly having 'UL' appended to the frequency in the project configuration. Every time I go into it, I have to manually remove it, else I end up with ULUL in the #define and that breaks stuff.

Reza