Re: [avr-chat] AVRdude Headaches

From: Lares Moreau
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] AVRdude Headaches
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 13:26:01 -0600

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:10:26 +0200 (MET DST)
address@hidden (Joerg Wunsch) wrote:

> Lares Moreau <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > avrdude: AVR device not responding
> > avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
>
> Add a -vvvv, and see how the AVR responds to the program enable
> command.  If the response is all FF's, please remove the ISP plug from
> the AVR target, shortcut MOSI and MISO on it, and run AVRDUDE again.
> Now, you should at least see the echo of the program enable command.

> --
> cheers, J"org               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

Did as you suggested. but alas

========
bitbang_cmd(): [ AC 53 00 00 ] [ FF FF FF FF ]  ***Repeated Many Times****
avrdude: AVR device not responding
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.
=======

Tried it w/ ISP plug connected to circuit, open (nothing connected), and
MISO/MOSI shorted together(tested w/ OhmMeter).  all the exact same output.
THis leads me to believe this is more of a kernel/module issue..  Does that
sound reasonable?

Grr...  I just want this thing to work so I can get on with what I was
_supposed_ to be doing today.

-Lares