Re: [avr-chat] Kdevelop for avr-gcc?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Kdevelop for avr-gcc?
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:14:11 +0100 (MET)

Kishore <address@hidden> wrote:

> Coming back to the topic and your earlier mail replying to me, I too
> am a keyboard person rather than a mousie! But the fact is that when
> using the keyboard, you already should be knowing what to do and
> how.

Again, I can't say much about Kdevelop here.  For Emacs, no problem:
you've got menus as well, and can get help for anything you want.
(You could even add custom menus, but that's a bit more of work.)  You
can do many things both with the mouse as well as the keyboard,
assuming you're running it in a windowing environment of course.

> Oh by the way, how do i use Mfile?

There's a small help built into it as well.  Basically, just start it
in your target directory, select the options, and say `Save', so it
will write a new Makefile.  It has also (limited) ability to parse an
existing Makefile, and adopt to the features present in it, i.e. some
menu entries will depend on what customizable options (like macros)
have been found in the imported Makefile.  The main idea behind that
was that you could still run it on Makefiles generated from older
versions of the Makefile template.  It is not intented to act as a
parser for arbitrarily customized Makefiles, though it does its best
in attempting to only touch those areas it could for certain recognize
as known items.  (IOW it's supposed to leave everything else in the
input Makefile alone.)