Intel C++ compiler test

From: aaragon
Subject: Intel C++ compiler test
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:43:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to test if using the C++ intel
compiler (icpc). I've been trying to see the values of variables GXX, GCC,
CC and CXX when running the configure script, and they show
yes
yes
gcc
icpc -g -O2 -gxx-name=g++-mp-4.3

So at least these variables don't give me useful information. I need to have
different behaviors depending on whether the GNU C++ or the Intel C++
compilers are used.

Maybe it is trivial to do this check, but after a while I couldn't find
anything about it so any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks,

aa