Re: Question on older version of gettext

From: Dieter Jurzitza
Subject: Re: Question on older version of gettext
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:43:29 +0100

Dear listmembers,
dear Eric,
thank you. The hint regarding Makevars did the trick. Hence for the records
(and to whom it might concern):

When using an older gettext version you can add
AC_DEFUN([AC_DATAROOTDIR_CHECKED])
to either configure.in or configure.ac. This will remove warnings about
datarootdir not being defined, AND IT WILL NOT CHECK so datarootdir _will_ be
undefined.

To proceed from here one can enter datarootdir into the file Makevars of the
directory intl/ like

datarootdir = $(DATAROOTDIR)

_and_ specify something like DATAROOTDIR=/usr/share on the commandline
of "make install".

This will remove all warnings - but at a decent effort. I wanted it, I got
it :-).

As I said: just for the records ......

And, no, I really do not want to update gettext. :-)))

Thanks again for helping,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)