How do I avoid a specific variable in the Makefile?

From: Jules Colding
Subject: How do I avoid a specific variable in the Makefile?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:10:54 +0100

Hi,

I've got a multiline configure.in variable like this:

  RPM_BUILDREQUIRES='BuildRequires:  package_1
  BuildRequires:  package_2'
  AC_SUBST(RPM_BUILDREQUIRES)

I'm using this in my spec.in file:

  @RPM_BUILDREQUIRES@

to produce the following spec file:

  BuildRequires:  package_1
  BuildRequires:  package_2

This unfortunately has a side effect as it creates a target in my
Makefile named "BuildRequires:" requiring the target "package_2".

Is there a way for me to get the required substitution in the spec file
without AC_SUBST()'ing so that I avoid getting the value substituted
into the Makefile as well?

Thanks,
  jules