Re: Location of declarations in Linux vs FreeBSD, etc.

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Location of declarations in Linux vs FreeBSD, etc.
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 19:32:31 -0800

Philip Kovacs <address@hidden> writes:

> I think the thing to do is a) include both headers and be done with it
> or b) code a small daemon function myself given that some unices may not
> have it.

Feel free to use the daemon implementation in:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/kstart/>

You'll need to replace the #include <system.h> with the headers listed at
the top of system.h in the source tree or use system.h as well.  Requires
AC_CHECK_FUNCS([setsid]).

It, like most of the portability functions I write, is in the public
domain.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>