Re: path separator (was: target triplet)

From: Bob Rossi
Subject: Re: path separator (was: target triplet)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:33:25 -0500

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 08:25:17PM +0100, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> * Keith MARSHALL wrote on Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:12:02PM CET:
> > Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > >
> > > So there's no need to roll your own.
> >
> > With respect, I disagree, for the reasons I discuss here:
> > [this is the same reference I cited in an earlier reply to Bob Rossi]:
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.msys/3822
>
> Thanks for the pointer, I was not fully aware of the limitation that
> $PATH_SEPARATOR is useful for $build only, not for $host.  OK to apply
> the patch at the end to document this?

I have a question in regards to this. I'm building with mingw. Now, I
can run my application in msys or in the cmd window. I was assumming
that if my application is running in msys that I would want to use the :
separator and if it was running in the cmd window I'd want to use the ;
separator. Is this incorrect?

This is the reason I was parsing the target name.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi