Re: target triplet

From: Brian Dessent
Subject: Re: target triplet
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:55:37 -0800

Bob Rossi wrote:

> Sure, I need to know what path separator to use in my application.
> I also need to know what separator to use in environment variables. Do
> you have any better ideas than testing for mingw or cygwin?

http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/acx_check_pathname_style.html

I'm not sure why you mention Cygwin, as it uses colon to separate dirs
in PATH and any other environment variable, just like any unix.  It is
only MinGW and DJGPP where you should use semicolon.  And forward-slash
should work on all of those for directory-separator so there's no need
to even check that.

Brian