Re: After upgrade autoconf from 1.13 to 2.57, I experienced some problem

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: After upgrade autoconf from 1.13 to 2.57, I experienced some problems - HELP
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 20:50:01 +0100

Hello,

* J.R. Yang (jryang) wrote on Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 07:19:01PM CET:

> I did some search on the web and found some solutions to some of the
> known issues. I was able to run buildconf, and ./configure scripts. The
> libtool was created in proper places. However, when I start the
> compiling ("make"), I got some errors in C code and C++ code.

FWIW, I don't see how these errors have anything to do with Autoconf.

But a note of advice (as much as I can give easily): you may get more
help if you post more information: what is buildconf, what package are
you working on, post both the command that failed and its output.
Usually relevant config.log bits are important for autoconf issues.
A reproducible example is of course much better.

But foremost: note that current versions of these tools are:
  Autoconf 2.61
  Automake 1.10
  Libtool 1.5.22

2.57 was released six years ago.  I don't think you can expect much help
about these old versions (other than maybe, how to upgrade from them to
recent ones).  If buildconf forces you to use those old versions, then
please push its maintainer to upgrade.

Hope that helps.