Re: Super-fine control of LDFLAGS

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Super-fine control of LDFLAGS
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:11:42 +0200

Hi Theodore,

* Theodore Sternberg wrote on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 10:07:20PM CEST:
> Even after doing all I can with AM_LDFLAGS and LDADD, my link line isn't
> quite right.  Is there any way to just tell autoconf, "look, whatever you
> come up with for LDFLAGS, pass it through this here sed script" -- or
> something like that?

Please post the line and what you think should happen instead; also, the
values of AM_LDFLAGS, LDADD, LDFLAGS in that Makefile.
Does the package use Libtool (it has some deficiencies in this area)?
If yes, `libtool --config' would be useful (but then this mailing list
would be the wrong place for discussion).  Which distribution is this
on?  (Probably the solution will look somewhat different from what you
expect.)