Autoreconf problem.

From: Brian Lloyd
Subject: Autoreconf problem.
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 22:20:02 -0500

I seem to have a problem with using autoreconf 2.59, and was wondering
if I misunderstood something.

I have a number of m4 macro definitions I want to use in my
configure.ac.  For easier maintainability, I prefer to have each macro
or group of macros defined in a separate file, and include the directory
where those files are maintained into the autoconf system.

Previously, I used
aclocal -I m4scripts
autoheader
autoconf
automake -ac

When I did this, the macros from m4scripts were properly expanded.

I replaced this process with
autoreconf -I m4scripts -i

Now, it seems the include directory is ignored.  Am I doing something
wrong?  I understand that the above item of calling aclocal directly is
deprecated, but it seems to be the only way I can make things work.