Re: Substituting variables in installed scripts

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Substituting variables in installed scripts
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:43:10 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, David Kulp wrote:

This works nicely during development, but on installation I want to change it to

use lib "@libdir@/@PACKAGE@";

for example

use lib "/usr/local/lib/myprog/";

Making a p.pl.in file and having configure process it seems unattractive and doesn't allow me to easily test during development. Patching during 'make install' seems better, but I don't know the autoconf way.

While it may not be the autoconf-way, don't forget that you can use environment variables from within Perl scripts so you could use an environment variable to influence the path. Of course the installed scripts would continue to be sensitive to the environment variable.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden