modification of what is displayed during compilation

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: modification of what is displayed during compilation
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:52:37 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

 I am writing a program with lots of files. It uses configure script. I
use -Wall and gtk+ and optimization flags.

 My "problem" is that it is quite difficult to see all the warnings with
the whole compilation flags displayed (it sometimes exceeds 5 lines, when
i use special optimisation flags).

 So i would like to know if it is possible to modify the configure.in or
Makefile.am, in order to:

 1) avoid the display of the compilation line
 2) replace it by something like
     "Compilation of the file bidule.c"

The best would be to add an argument to configure script, so that i can
choose one of the two kinds of display.

Thank you !

Vincent TORRI