Re: Newbie AX_CREATE_STDINT_H

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: Newbie AX_CREATE_STDINT_H
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 18:06:23 +0200

Simon Waters schrieb:
The trouble with staying upto date is everything complains about old stuff.

After upgrading autoconf tools got some complaints from configure that
AM_INSTALL_PROG was out of date.

This was in ac_create_stdint.h, being keen I pulled AX_CREATE_STDINT_H
from sourceforge, but it gives a syntax error when running configure,
quoting the line number where AX_CREATE_STDINT_H is called.
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You mean where AX_CREATE_STDINT_H has been expanded, right?

Syntax Error near unexpected token 'src/GCint.h'

Anyone got a working example, or can guess from "no" information what
I've done wrong?

I have recreated aclocal.m4 using aclocal, and only included
AX_CREATE_STDINT_H in the extra directory I supplied. autoreconf runs
happily.

So, the src/GCint.h is the output file where the stdint definitions
should go, right? The AX macro is designed to create that output
file during config.status execution, which is automatically done
at the end of the `configure` execution, but just not in the
middle and at the line where the macro instantiation is about.

That spawns an idea: are you sure the macro had been expanded at all?
Anyway, do have you a reference for me to try out?

cheers,
-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ d(+-) s+a- r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)