Re: AC_HELP_STRING Help

From: Philip Willoughby
Subject: Re: AC_HELP_STRING Help
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:43:50 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

Today, Guido Draheim wrote:

>That's actually quite weird - so the ac_help_string macro will count
>the chars of the argument literal in full glory but the [] brackets get
>interpreted as m4 quotations later - after the indent computations. hmmm.

2.57 has the same problem.

A small amount of mining leads me to believe that the problem is in the
m4_text_wrap macro which is a part of m4sugar.  Could someone who knows
what they're doing have a look at this?

My random-hunch-generator thinks that adding m4_quote around the only place
it mentions [$3] ought to fix it -- can someone with no irate users likely
to hit them try this out please?

Regards,

Philip Willoughby

Systems Programmer, Department of Computing, Imperial College, London, UK
--
echo address@hidden | tr "bizndfohces" "pwgd9ociaku"

Why reinvent the wheel? . . . . . . . . . Because we can make it rounder...