Re: AC_HELP_STRING Help

From: Bernd Jendrissek
Subject: Re: AC_HELP_STRING Help
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:19:17 +0200

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 01:57:00PM -0600, Bill Wendling wrote:
> Also sprach Guido Draheim:
> } Bill Wendling schrieb:
> } >I want to produce a help string like this:
> } >
> } >    --with-foo[=DIR]            Use the foo package
> } >
> } >(note the []s around the =DIR bit). When I use the option like this:

[snip]

> I should mention that I'm using 2.53, so this may be a known deficiency
> or something...not sure.

I'm using 2.54 ATM, and I did notice that I now need considerably fewer
['s and ]'s to make them appear.  I recall having to write something crazy
like [[[[[default=/foo]]]]] up to 2.53 or so.

AC_ARG_ENABLE(dvchome,
              AC_HELP_STRING([--enable-dvchome=DIR],
                             [specify home directory of user dvc
[[default=/home/dvc]]]),
              DVCHOME=$enableval,
              DVCHOME=/home/dvc)

Aargh, I guess I'll have to read up on the proper quoting rules some day...

--
address@hidden is probably better to bookmark than any
employer-specific email address I may have appearing in the headers.