Re: AC_LIBOBJ

From: Andy Smith
Subject: Re: AC_LIBOBJ
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 07:37:57 +0000

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 10:43:09PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> apologies if I have missed something obvious, but I don't seem to
> understand how one should use AC_LIBOBJ?

Sorry to reply to my own email, but I've discoevered two things:

Firstly, by accident, I got it working by doing "acinclude -I .".  I
am sure I used just "aclocal" before and it didn't work then, I
don't see why adding the "-I ." should make it work but oh well.

The second thing is, because I am using libtool it seems to want me
to use LTLIBOBJS instead for libfoo_la_LDADD line.  I understand why
I need to do this, but when I try that I get this during make:

make[5]: *** No rule to make target address@hidden@', needed by `libfoo.la'.
Stop.

So, please could someone point me to the documentation I am missing
out on?  I've read the autoconf, automake and libtool manuals and
all seem to say that it should be as simple as just using LTLIBOBJS.
I am using:

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53
automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2 (1.922.2.54 2001/09/11 03:33:37)