RE: aclocal & AM_GNU_GETTEXT

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: RE: aclocal & AM_GNU_GETTEXT
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:53:40 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 10 Mar 2001, Tim Van Holder wrote:

> > aclocal: configure.in: 76: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library.
> >
> > Is this define somewhere? I downloaded and install the CVS version of
> > automake 1.4e. The macro is called from configure.in file.
>
> This is normally in a file called gettext.m4. There is probably an 'm4'
> directory in the fetchmail tree; use 'aclocal -I m4' to include the
> macros there.

Its located in /usr/share/aclocal/gettext.m4

So when I do "aclocal -I /usr/share/aclocal" its passes. Is that the way
it should be?

> > Autoheader gives me the error:
> >
> > No template for symbol `SYS_SIGLIST_DECLARED'
> >
> > I see that its in the configure.in but is that the template? What is a
> > template?
>
> There's probably
>       AC_DEFINE(SYS_SIGLIST_DECLARED, 1)
>
> If you change this to
>       AC_DEFINE(SYS_SIGLIST_DECLARED, 1,
>                 [Define if your system declares sys_siglist.])
>
> autoheader will know what comment to add to the #define and will shut up.

Thanks I understand now more about using AC_DEFINE.

Stephen

Buyer's Guide for a Operating System:
Don't care to know: Mac
Don't mind knowing but not too much: Windows
Hit me! I can take it!: Linux