RE: aclocal & AM_GNU_GETTEXT

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: RE: aclocal & AM_GNU_GETTEXT
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 12:17:49 +0100

> Its located in /usr/share/aclocal/gettext.m4
>
> So when I do "aclocal -I /usr/share/aclocal" its passes. Is that the way
> it should be?
Nope. Did you use '--prefix /usr' when configuring automake? If not, it
is probably looking in /usr/local/share/aclocal.
Use a text editor to look in aclocal; somewhere at the top you should have

$VERSION = "1.4c";
$PACKAGE = "automake";
$prefix = "/dev/env/DJDIR"; <-- your prefix here
# Note that this isn't pkgdatadir, but a separate directory.
$acdir = "${prefix}/share/aclocal";

$prefix should be "/usr" in your case; if not, configure automake again.

> Thanks I understand now more about using AC_DEFINE.
Glad to be of help.