Re: Where did the Cygwin and Mingw checks go?

From: Mo DeJong
Subject: Re: Where did the Cygwin and Mingw checks go?
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 02:24:22 -0800 (PST)

On 17 Nov 2000, Akim Demaille wrote:

> Mo> Whats the deal?
>
> That's the result of our hesitations about this issues, and the fact
> that we couldn't even come up with a precise definition of what EXEEXT
> and OBJEXT are.
>
> For a start: are they related to host, or to build?

Humm, was CC_FOR_BUILD support added recently or something?
I have not been following the list recently so I fear
I must have missed the change that caused this
to become and issue.

> Once things are clear, fixing will probably be easy.

I always assumed that EXEEXT and OBJEXT were based on
the host. After all, they should depend on the
output of the compiler, right? If CC_FOR_BUILD
support was recently added, perhaps we need something
like EXEEXT_FOR_BUILD and OBJEXT_FOR_BUILD.

VC++ (native)
EXEEXT=.exe
OBJEXT=.obj

gcc (cross mingw or cygwin)
EXEEXT=.exe
OBJEXT=.o

> AFAI'm concerned there are already too many threads pending, and I'm
> trying to close them one by one, which means some have been delayed
> until the others have been addressed.  Your problem is known, but
> dormant until other things have been flushed.  I regret this :(

No biggie, I may have to revert to an older CVS version
but that it not a big deal.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc