Re: "LaTeX-fill-paragraph" behavior for latex preamble

From: Ruiyang Wu
Subject: Re: "LaTeX-fill-paragraph" behavior for latex preamble
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 22:54:10 -0400

Hi Ikumi,

Thanks for the reply.

For (1), I think either way you proposed should address the issue. Maybe tree-sitter integration in Emacs 29 can help with faster parsing of latex files in the future, but I don’t know if that is feasible or in auctex’s roadmap. Denis’ workaround works fine, but as the list of "LaTeX-paragraph-commands” goes longer, I guess it still has some impact on the speed.

For (2), I am not sure how well filling works with macros like \newenvironment. It seems these are more like code than text, so manual line break and auto indentation makes more sense to me.

Best,
Ruiyang