Re: Convert the svg files to pdf/eps for a project automatically.

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Convert the svg files to pdf/eps for a project automatically.
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 10:21:49 +0200

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 2:11 AM Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure if AUCTeX needs this feature.  There is a LaTeX package
>> called svg[1] which exactly does this job.  I think we need a style to
>> support this package.
>
> Do you mean something like the files located at
> <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/tree/style>?

Yes, I was thinking about something like graphicx.el adapted to svg.

In your other mail, you wrote:

> According to its document on
> <https://mirrors.concertpass.com/tex-archive/graphics/svg/doc/svg.pdf>,
> this package includes two sub-packages: svg and svg-extract. If I
> understand correctly, the question discussed here only relevant to the
> svg-extract package.

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly.  svg manual says:

    2. Usage of package svg

    The purpose of this package is to include standalone SVG graphics into
    a LaTeX document.  The command \includesvg is defined which does all
    necessary steps for this task. It first launches the export of a SVG
    file to a supported file format with Inkscape, if necessary, and
    includes the exported graphic file afterwards.

    3. Usage of package svg-extract

    This package allows the extraction of independent graphic files out of
    SVG files which have been included and rendered with LaTeX by the svg
    package.  This is particularly useful when attempting to provide
    images to journals or collaborators, and one wishes the image to
    appear exactly as it does within the original LaTeX document.

>From user's POV, the package svg is relevant and should be supported by
AUCTeX. Support for svg-extract would be bonus points :-)

Best, Arash