Re: [AUCTeX] RefTeX not working well with Biblatex in class file

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] RefTeX not working well with Biblatex in class file
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 21:53:37 +0900

Hi Tristan,

> I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.  The problem I described
> is reproducible even if all files have different basenames.  (For
> example, in the example from my original post, rename the file foo.cls
> to quux.cls, and then change the first line of foo.tex to
> \documentclass{quux}.)

I suppose you are using a class file which is not supported in vanilla
AUCTeX, i.e., no corresponding style file foo.el or quux.el is in
AUCTeX's style directory, aren't you?

Then you can try generating style file on your own by the following
procedure.  I suppose the LaTeX file foo.tex is using quux.cls as its
documentclass.
(1) M-x TeX-auto-generate RET
(2) Select the class file "quux.cls".
(3) Select the directory to store support style file.
    Then AUCTeX parses "quux.cls" and saves the relavant information in
    "quux.el".
(4) Open the file foo.tex.  (If it is opened already, try C-c C-n or C-x
    C-v in that buffer.)
(5) Now you can try C-c [.  I hope it works as you expected.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita