Re: [AUCTeX] minor issue of fontification if \begin{verbatim}foo

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] minor issue of fontification if \begin{verbatim}foo
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 17:52:09 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

Hi David,

>>> Sorry for the delay. I confirm the commit fixes it, but my test file
>>> also had
>>>
>>> \begin{verbatim}XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\end{verbatim}
>>>
>>> and this confuses the fontifying.
>>
>> Argh, you are a hard opponent.  But I think my latest commit fixes
>> this, too, namely I don't require that the \end{env} is on its own
>> line with at most whitespace in front of it anymore.  I hope it
>> doesn't have any negative consequences, though.  Well, and if it has,
>> I guess _you_ will tell me. :-)
>
> You'll probably want to see how verbatim.dtx behaves when describing
> verbatim-like environments...

Could you give me a pointer to what you are exactly referring to?
Reading through verbatim.dtx I thought you might be referring to that in

  \begin{verbatim}test test\end{verbatim}more text

the "more text" is lost with \usepackage{verbatim} (but not without it).

But well, the contents are allowed to be just after the \begin and just
before the \end.  So that's probably not what you mean...

Bye,
Tassilo