Re: [AUCTeX] ConTeXt MkIV Support

From: Tobias Berndt
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] ConTeXt MkIV Support
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 12:16:03 +0000

... I could use the "context "compilation (instead of mkii "texexec") already
before via a hack:

(add-hook 'ConTeXt-mode-hook (lambda()
(add-to-list 'TeX-command-list '("ConTeXt MKIV" "context %t" TeX-run-TeX
nil (context-mode) ))
(setq TeX-command-default "ConTeXt MKIV")
(setq TeX-save-query  nil )
))

Fatal error messages ... cannot be useless.

It's a petty and I have no idea why TeX users not realize that ConTeXt MkIV is
something like the TeX of the 21. century (even Donald Knuth recommends it :)!
It is modern, more elegant and logical in writing code and supports real XML en
passant. We have changed from XeTeX to ConTeXt because of just that:

- simultaneously Export to XML ... HTML, epub (single source processing Web and
Print)
- direct Lua support (LuaTeX compiler)
- powerful and smart text handling processes
- able to deal with databases
- very good weapon to produce animate and interactive PDFs
- METAFUN module
- &c.pp.

Beside that, it is progressively developed. Good, coming from LaTeX, one has to
learn some lessons again. But for professional handling TeX stuff (at a serious
level) ConTeXt is full of advantages.

If you guys need more input to improve ConTeXt MkIV support in AucTeX---just
ask (but since I have been working with ConTeXt just one year, I'm just a
little more than a newbi. Hackers you'll find at contextgarden). Since I am a
writer not a hacker, I cannot contribute any code, sorry!

Thank you
ANYWAY,
tobber

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Tobias Berndt
Technischer Redakteur

baramundi software AG
Beim Glaspalast 1
86153 Augsburg

address@hidden
www.baramundi.de

Fon: +49 (821) 5 67 08 -  577
Fax: +49 (821) 5 67 08 - 19

Vorstand: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Uwe Beikirch | Dipl.-Kfm. Karl Scheid
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dipl.-Ing. Univ. (TUM) Norbert Klump
Sitz und Registergericht: Augsburg, HRB-Nr. 2064 | USt-IdNr. DE 210294111