Re: [AUCTeX] overlay prompting

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] overlay prompting
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 22:45:40 +0100

Hi Mosè,

Le 25/01/2016 21:21, Mosè Giordano a écrit :
Hi Jean-François,

My document has other AUCTeX-parsing related problems. For example

\begin{verbatim}
     \usepackage{fontspec}
\end{verbatim}

similarly triggers AUCTeX to prompt me for xetex/luatex compilation.
This made the workflow a bit painful, but I forgot about it last time
as I was doing latex runs via a Makefile.

     (setq TeX-check-engine nil)

makes the warning go away.

ah yes, actually you already told me so in the fontspec thread,
thanks for reminding me

Also, perhaps commands like \setmainfont also make AUCTeX's parser react,
or is it only \documentclass and \usepackage ?

\setmainfont isn't parsed.

ok, then perhaps I will do the ¡ trick after all.

Rather than \let¡\empty, I could also simply do \catcode`\¡ 9
to tell TeX/LaTeX to ignore it rather than have it be active
(which it is via \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}) with an empty
expansion

best regards,

Jean-François