Re: [AUCTeX] overlay prompting

From: jfbu
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] overlay prompting
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 15:28:56 +0100

Le 24 janv. 2016 à 15:25, Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> a écrit :

>> Thanks for the tip. Could the parsing possibly decide not to take
>> into account a second `\documentclass` ?
>
> I'm not sure this is feasible.  If I remember well, I once proposed to
> do have a parsing for preamble stuff (\documentclass, \usepackage,
> \newcommand, etc), and another for document body, but it should have
> been rejected.
>
> Another option is to set `TeX-auto-parse-length' to a value less than
> the position of that \documentclass, but nothing else would be parsed
> after the value of the variable, not just the \documentclass.

I also forgot that in my big document there are 4 \documentclass
before the correct one (as the document is a dtx with portions
to get extracted to separate files). And the correct one is on
line 1196.

The \documentclass{beamer} arises on line 1890.

So if you set `TeX-auto-parse-length' to some value about 1500,
that will fix it for me ;;;---)

Jean-François