[AUCTeX] Getting macro completions in large, multi-file projects.

From: Chase Dwelle
Subject: [AUCTeX] Getting macro completions in large, multi-file projects.
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 16:29:07 -0400

I have a project that has multiple sub-folders and sub files to organize the writing.

I have a file main.tex which reads in all the necessary files using \input{} commands, this includes my preamble and files in each sub folder. Some of these subfolder files are also reading in other files using \input{}.

I have a problem that anything that is outside of main.tex does not have the macros associated with the packages loaded through preamble.tex.

I'm assuming there's a simple fix to this, but haven't been able to find it yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chase