Re: [AUCTeX] Getting macro completions in large, multi-file projects.

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Getting macro completions in large, multi-file projects.
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 23:42:04 +0200

Hi Chase,

> Unfortunately this morning something seems to have reverted. I though
> something in my latex-settings.el file may be conflicting, so I commented out
> all but the lisp code given below and still was unable to get macro
> completions. I am specifically looking for the \includegraphics{} completion.
>
> I have set the main file to be TeX-master for all files that end up in
> main.tex via \input{}.
>
> The completion does work in main.tex, but not in any other files included in
> main.tex.
>
> Is there a way I can track down what's happening?

In included files, check the value of `TeX-active-styles' with C-h v
TeX-active-styles RET.  There should be a "main" entry at some point.
If not, it means master file is not recognized for some reason.  Try
also forcing the reparse the file with C-c C-n and re-check the value
of the variable above.

Bye,
Mosè