Re: [AUCTeX] Rolling auctex into emacs?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Rolling auctex into emacs?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 22:47:08 +0100

* David Kastrup (2011-12-20) writes:

> Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Because emacs requires all contributors to assign copyright to the FSF.
>> I think, there are still some people that have contributed to auctex in
>> the past that haven't assigned their copyright, yet.
>
> I am not sure we have any code with uncertain/unassigned origin
> remaining.  Not everyone in the credits list has been able to be rounded
> up, but at least all maintainers, principal authors and people who can
> be found in copyright notices are covered unless my memory is faulty
> here.  Ralf?  Would you consider that more or less accurate?

Not everybody is covered.  For the inclusion of AUCTeX as an ELPA
package a few style files have been omitted.  Also, a few lines
(comments, IIRC) in tex-jp.el were removed.  I'd have to dig up the old
discussions to be sure what exactly it was.  We'd have to do the same
omissions for the code base to become clean with respect to copyright
claims.