[AUCTeX] Redefining the context engine

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: [AUCTeX] Redefining the context engine
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 10:26:34 +0800

Hi.
I want to redefine the program used when call context. Now if I run
C-c C-c and choose context the texexec program would be executed. I
tried to put the following into '.emacs' file but it doesn't help:

-------------------------- 8< --------------------------
(eval-after-load "tex"
  '(add-to-list 'TeX-command-list
    '("ConTeXt" "/usr/local/opt/texlive/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/context
%s" TeX-run-command t t :help "Run context (MarkIV)") t))

How I could change the called program?

P.S. I know that I could 'customize' auctex and overwrite the context
command but I wonder why this approach dont't work.

--
Neutrinos are into physicists.