Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Include subdirectories in Reftex's completion

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Include subdirectories in Reftex's completion
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 17:25:49 +0200

* Mathias Lindner (2010-10-07) writes:

> Maybe there should be a switch in the .emacs file to enable MikTeX support:
> activating this one includes e.g. the mentioned hack. Prob. there are also
> some
> other issues that differ between MikteX and e.g. TeXlive, which can be chosen
> by
> setting this boolean in the init file.

We already have tex-mik.el for MiKTeX-specific settings.  And the
proposed change would also make sense for other TeX systems because it
inhibits a global search via kpsewhich when only a local one (i.e. in
and below the current directory) is called for.  But it's likely that
this problem should be fixed directly in `TeX-search-files' or
`TeX-search-files-kpathsea' respectively instead of introducing the
band-aid I provided.