Re: [AUCTeX] automatic insertion of labels

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] automatic insertion of labels
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:34:51 +0100

* David Romano (2010-02-24) writes:

> Two questions, really:
>
> 1) When I use TeX-insert-macro to insert "\label", I get the message
> "Symbol's function definition is void: nil" instead of being prompted for
> an argument.  Is this normal?  How can I change this so that I am prompted
> for an argument?

I cannot reproduce this with
emacs -Q -l auctex file.tex

Perhaps you could provide a full bug report with `M-x
TeX-submit-bug-report <RET>' which should contain a recipe for
reproducing the problem; ideally with Emacs started as shown above.

> 2) Is is possible to have labels automatically inserted for theorem-like
> environments the way they can be for equation-like environments?  I
> haven't been able to find out what the corresponding variables might be.

Could it be that you haven't discovered RefTeX yet?
(info "(reftex)Top") <-- Type `C-x C-e' here.