Re: [AUCTeX] Contribution

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Contribution
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 13:38:36 +0200

* Vincent Belaïche (2008-05-05) writes:

> To mark as region an environment I find it slightly more convenient in
> some case if you can pass a numeric argument to LaTeX-mark-environment
> to tell it how many level upwards the environment to be selected is.

Personally I've never had a need for this but I can see how this is
useful.  It would also be consistent with the other marking commands,
like `mark-word' and `mark-paragraph', although those mark multiple
items in sequence, not hiearchically.

Could you prepare your contribution as a patch against the current
version of latex.el in CVS?  Please also include a ChangeLog entry.
Make sure you are not contributing more than about 12 lines of new code
because otherwise we'd require a copyright assignment from you.  I think
it's e.g. fine to refrain from adding an example to the doc string.

>     (dotimes (c count)
>       (LaTeX-find-matching-end)
>     )

Closing parens on a line of their own are "unlispy".

>     (beginning-of-line 2)
>     (set-mark (point))
>     (goto-char cur)
>     (dotimes (c count)
>       (LaTeX-find-matching-begin)

If you start from the outermost environment found, you only need one
call to `LaTeX-find-matching-begin'.  Not sure which approach is more
robust.