Re: [AUCTeX] Local variables and font-locking in AucTeX

From: gerald . jean
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Local variables and font-locking in AucTeX
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:46:13 -0500

Thanks Ralf,

you were right, if I process a very simple document hardly using any
package when I want to view the document AUCTeX suggests Yap.  At least I
now understand why it behaves that way even if it is not my preferred
behaviour.

I very often write large documents --- several hundred of pages, they
always have lots of graphics --- I am a statistician, hence the use of both
the "graphicx" and "pstricks" pakages.  But I still prefer having Yap as
the default previewer since Yap starts much faster thant GSview, you don't
have to close it when you go back and forth between the Viewer and Emacs
and once I have seen the graphs once through GSview --- which I can start
when needed --- I only want to go back and forth to improve the text and
the tables, skipping the graphs, and GSview is certainly not needed for
that.  Hence I renew my question, is there a way --- I should say an easy
way because with Emacs there is always a way ---  to have Yap as the
default previewer no matter what.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help,

Gérald

             Ralf Angeli
             <address@hidden
             .net>                                                       A
                                       address@hidden
             2007/11/21 12:17                                           cc
                                       address@hidden, address@hidden
                                                                     Objet

* gerald jean (2007-11-21) writes:

> Sorry again for the mistake but what I meant is "I added (require
'tex-mik)
> to my init file".  But again, even with this addition, when I want to
> "View" the file "myfile.dvi" the default View command is:
>
> dvips myfile.dvi -o && start myfile.ps
>
> which, of course, starts GSview, but what I really would like to have as
> the default previewr is Yap and this is what I can't figure out how to
> acheive.

You probably have some package loaded (like pstricks) where the result
is better viewed with a PostScript viewer.  Is Yap capable of
displaying PostScript files?

Le message ci-dessus, ainsi que les documents l'accompagnant, sont destinés
uniquement aux personnes identifiées et peuvent contenir des informations
privilégiées, confidentielles ou ne pouvant être divulguées. Si vous avez
reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez le détruire.

This communication (and/or the attachments) is intended for named
recipients only and may contain privileged or confidential information
which is not to be disclosed. If you received this communication by mistake
please destroy all copies.