Re: [AUCTeX] Local variables and font-locking in AucTeX

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Local variables and font-locking in AucTeX
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:25:35 +0100

* gerald jean (2007-11-14) writes:

> I have been using AucteX under Emacs for several years and have
> generally been pretty happy about it.  Recently I moved to Emacs 22
> (22.1.1), under Windows 2000, where AucteX is now a part of Emacs.

Actually AUCTeX is not part of Emacs.

> I have a couple concerns which I could'nt solve:
>
> 1.- Every time I open a LaTeX file with local variables as follows:
[...]
> Emacs pops up a buffer like the following:
> The local variables list in "quick.tex"
> contains values that may not be safe (*).
[...]
>    * TeX-master: t
[...]
> Any suggestions to solve this?

Get a recent AUCTeX version.

> 2.- Font-locking doesn't work properly in latex files.  To get the
> proper font-locking --- key words highlighted, different colors
> between {}, etc.  --- I have to go in different places of the buffer
> and type <enter>??  Why is this and is there ways to correct this?

There might be a bug in font locking, but it's hard to tell without
information about the AUCTeX version and a sample file.  If you have
such problems, it is generally advisable to use `M-x
TeX-submit-bug-report RET' to report it.  This automatically produces
a lot of information helpful for tracking down a bug.