Re: [AUCTeX] Installing auctex under Windows

From: nusret
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Installing auctex under Windows
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:19:06 -0800 (PST)

> There was a
> problem
> > with postscript: it assumes 'gs' is your
> executable,
>
> Ralf?  This surprises me somewhat.

> > but it's 'gsview32c.exe'.

I first thought "the damn thing is not working!", but
with some effort and skimping the manual, tried that
and it worked ;-)

> It is a purely manual thing as it needs to run
> LaTeX, and it is up to
> the user to decide whether she considers her
> document fit for
> running.  The only occasion where you don't need to
> run it in order to
> get images is when you are using the "desktop"
> package, and some
> buffer had images already generated when you last
> exited Emacs.
>
> --
> David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum

I guess it has nothing to do with AUCTeX team, but I
just checked my Xemacs, and it doesn't list "desktop"
package even in installable packages (whatever that
desktop package is: its name is not suggestive to me
at all..)

Anyways, I fell in love with preview-latex :-). Great
job, appreciated a lot! Thank you and kind regards,

Nusret