Re: [can't compile the main branch]

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [can't compile the main branch]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 08:11:22 +0200

>>> "SM" == Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

>> fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
>> fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
>> fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
>> fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
>> (cd doc; makeinfo -D rawfile --no-headers intro.texi --output -) >README
>> (cd doc; makeinfo -D rawfile --no-headers preview-readme.texi --output -) >>
>> README
>> sed -e 's|@lisppackagelispdir@|(file-name-directory load-file-name)|'\
>> -e 's|@lisppackagedatadir@|(file-name-directory load-file-name)|'\
>> -e 's|@lispautodir@|(if (file-writable-p "/usr/local/var/auctex")
>> "/usr/local/var/auctex" "~/.emacs.d/auctex")|'\
>> -e 's|@AUCTEXVERSION@|.|'\
>> -e 's|@AUCTEXDATE@||'\
>> tex-site.el.in >tex-site.el
>> make: *** No rule to make target 'ChangeLog', needed by 'doc/version.texi'.
>> Stop.
>>
>> Now why on earth should I have a git parent directory or directories?

> The GNUmakefile tries to find the date of the commit you're building,
> and that's only available from the VCS metadata.  The patch below should
> make it fallback to using the current date.

Thanks I applied the patch and run make EMACSBIN=/opt/emacs29/bin/emacs

Result:
    -e 's|@AUCTEXVERSION@|14.0.4.2024-04-24_08:10:19|'\
    -e 's|@AUCTEXDATE@|2024-04-24_08:10:19|'\
    tex-site.el.in >tex-site.el
make: *** No rule to make target 'ChangeLog', needed by 'doc/version.texi'.
Stop.

Sorry, still does not work
--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.