Re: some new extension of xr-hyperref/hyperref

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: some new extension of xr-hyperref/hyperref
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 11:24:03 +0100

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Oops, that is strange, I did not load refcount explicitly only
> hyperref, so may be there is a dependency I am not aware of.  (Or
> xr-hyperref)

I didn't test it either; I was just looking at UF's answer on tex.sx
which you cited.

> Be it as it may, we even don't have refcount.el as far as I can tell.

Yes, it's waiting for a volunteer to do that :-)

>> What do you mean by this?  You could apply the things we do for \ref to
>> \getrefbykeydefault as well, or am I missing something?
>
> Right, I mean reftex-ref should allow me to add \getrefbykeydefault of
> say an external section or equation etc

Ok, I think RefTeX should work for \getrefbykeydefault OOTB if we have a
refcount.el and do the same thing for \getrefbykeydefault as we do for
\nameref for example, i.e.

  (TeX-add-symbols
      '("getrefbykeydefault" TeX-arg-ref ...))

> No this is a misunderstanding \ref *does* not take three arguments but
>
> \getrefbykeydefault *needs three arguments*

Ok.

> So just adding \getrefbykeydefault
>
> By say
>
>      (add-to-list 'reftex-ref-style-alist
>                   '("Refcount" "refcount" (("\\getrefbykeydefault" ?G)))
>                   t)
>
> Would not be the right thing, wouldn't it?

Yes, but you need an AUCTeX style file in the first place which also
caters for the other arguments.  Do you want to give it a try?

Best, Arash