aspell-user

Re: [aspell-user] Re: Problem compiling aspell on MacOSX

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-user] Re: Problem compiling aspell on MacOSX
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 04:31:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Paul Chakravarti wrote:

> I apologise for continually replying to my own posts however on rereading this
> I realised that the _get_repl__.... object is actually undefined in libaspell
> (nm output shows up as 'U') - the _get_filter__.... does seem to be defined
> however.

Sorry for not responding earlier, I have been very busy.  Any way I really
do not know what is going on.  If you have managed to fix this please let
me know what you did so I can add a note about it in the documentation.

> In case people arent familiar with the environment the MacOSX compiler is a
> derivative of gcc 2.95.2 however the linker is Apple proprietary (not GNU ld
> based)

Perhaps you should try using the gnu ld linker... Or is gnu ld not
supported on the MaxOSX.

> > > The first was that the definition of the 'fileno' method in
> > > util/simple_fstream
> > > clashed with the 'fileno' macro definition in stdio.h - I fixed this (I
> > > think)
> > > by just renaming the method 'file_no' to avoid CPP trying to expand this

This problem is fixed in Aspell .33.6 which is now released.

BTW. The best place to post compiling problems is Aspell-help, not
Aspell-user.  I am Cc this to that list.  You do not need to be subscribed
to post.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevina at users sourceforge net