aspell-user

building aspell on bsdi 4.0

From: George Mandella
Subject: building aspell on bsdi 4.0
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:46:40

Hi all,
I am trying to build aspell .27.2 on bsdi 4.0 and having little luck.  I
seem to be using an adequate compiler, my version numbers are printed
below.

c++ -v
returns:
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-bsdi4.0/2.8.1/specs
gcc version 2.8.1

g++ -v
returns:
 gcc2 -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-bsdi4.0/2.8.1/specs
gcc version 2.8.1

When I make (using either normal make or GNU make 3.77) I get a lot of
errors about files and directories not being found.  I can copy and paste
the output if anyone is interested, otherwise, I was just wondering if this
sounds like a familiar problem or if someone has successfully built this on
BSDI before.

Thanks,
George