artanis

Re: Additional Logo Idea for the RIng

From: Benson Muite
Subject: Re: Additional Logo Idea for the RIng
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 10:32:07 +0300

On 1/16/23 09:19, Nala Ginrut wrote:

> Hi Benson!
>
> Benson Muite writes:
>
>> This is well described at shufalife.com where calligraphy services are
>> offered from $15:
>> https://shufalife.com/inspiration/chinese-calligraphy-benefits
>>
>> There are also online generators such as:
>> http://www.shufami.com
>>
>> For Mandarin version, are there good choices of characters that sound
>> like Artanis and have an appropriate meaning?
>
> Interesting links.
>
> Personally, I think the logo should be simple as possible, Chinese
> characters are not simple for people who have no knowledge about Chinese
> culture. After all, Artanis is a free software for global people.
>
> Let's make it simple, I think Jaft's logo idea went further. Could you
> take a look at our latest discussion of Jaft's logo?
Using only two colors for the modified λ is cleaner. Still need to
examine color meanings you have provided. Probably want these colors to
have high contrast since one may want choices for light and dark
backgrounds, as well as a monochrome version.

Enabling good localization would be very helpful.  Many websites are
translated or available in a language other than English.  Having a