artanis

Re: Art draw controller

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Art draw controller
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 15:49:02 +0800

Michael Vehrs writes:

> Thank you very much for your reply. At the moment, I am just trying to
> understand the features and limitations of artanis.I am not trying to
> build a real web application.

You're always welcomed to ask questions and give feedbacks, we should
build a friendly community together. ;-)

> I find it slightly inconsistent that <controller>-define accepts the url
> as a symbol, while get accepts a string.

Yes, the standard way should be string. The tricky point is that the
rule will be used to generate the route string by `~a' pattern in
`format' lib function in Scheme. The `~a' is similar to %r in Python, it
accepts multiple types, so it's a trick for <controller>-define.

The relavent code is here:
---------artanis/mvc/controller.scm-----------
(format #f "/~a/~a" 'name 'method)
-------------------end------------------------

I considered to let http method remapping function like `get' support
symbol too. But I don't know if it's a good way to go.

> Would you accept documentation patches?

Yes, please!

However, the document is seperated from the code, you should checkout to
gh-pages branch, and modify docs/manual.org
https://gitlab.com/NalaGinrut/artanis/blob/gh-pages/docs/manual.org

Best regards.

--
GNU Powered it