anarchdb-devel

Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Couple of updates

From: Francois Gombault
Subject: Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Couple of updates
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:14:35 +0200

On 8/25/06, Graham Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
Is there any easy way to remove the XML handling from ARDB?  I
have not looked at this part of the source code to hard.  If I can
remove it for now then I only have to worry about the wxWidgets to
start with.

XML and XSLT are central to the deckbuilding aspect of ARDB. They are
used to store decks and export them to various formats. They are also
used in the same way for inventory management purposes.
Removing them is possible, but wouldn'd be easy. I guess commenting a
lot of stuff in deckmodel.* and inventorymodel.* would do the trick.
Configure.in also checks for these libs, but I don't know if you use
this file in you build process.

Damn. I specifically chose those libs because they are Open Source and
known to compile and be used on Windows. I didn't expect these
problems. :S

That is what is putting me off trying to roll my own in my current
language of choice ( C# ).  Also I would hate to see all your hard
work go to waste.

Heh. :-)
Don't worry, my hard work wouldn't be wasted anyway. I'd still use ARDB.
Oh you meant a waste for you? ;-)

More serously, good luck.

--
Francois