anarchdb-devel

Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Re: Building

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Re: Building
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:36:20 +0000

On 1/20/06, Karl George Schaefer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > An update.
> >
> > I've managed to build ardb under Visual Studio .Net 2005.  Currently I
> > only get the Database Updater window.  But its a start.
> What steps have you taken thus far?  I am now trying to compile with .NET
> myself and am not nearly as far along.

I've just rolled back to use the Visual Studio .NET 2003 as my laptop
is having a hard time running 2005.  I will post more detailed
instructions when I am sure I've got them working.

But here is what I think I did:

Download version 2.6.2 of WxWindows and opened the Visual Studio
Project file and built WxWindows.

Downloaded all the Windows libxml2 libxslt libraries from
http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html

Download the sqlite 2.x

Created a new empty windows project under Visual Studio.  Added all
the ardb source files and the sqlite source files.  You will have to
hit build a few times and remove any tcl files from the sqlite files.

I then had a problem with the WxWindows setup and had to disable the
media library.  Now sure what it is called will post tonight with full
instructions.

Graham.