anarchdb-devel

Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Building

From: Francois Gombault
Subject: Re: [Anarchdb-devel] Building
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:46:23 +0100

Graham Smith wrote:
> OK so I tried to build ardb under windows tonight with no luck.  I've
> got a fresh cygwin install but it fails to build wxWindows (gcc core
> dumps!).  Anybody got anywhere with trying to build under cygwin?

I managed to build it with cygwin, but that was a loooong time ago.
Like, a year ago or more. wxWidgets didn't cause any problems.

Maybe Cygwin provides both gcc3 and gcc4 as an option, or the other way
around. Have you tried with both?

Anyway, I seem to remember that back then I noticed that ARDB.exe needs
cygwin.dll (and perhaps some others) to run, when built with Cygwin.
Which is no problem I think, unless it badly affects performance.

Good luck. :)

--
Francois Gombault
I WILL NOT HIDE BEHIND THE FIFTH AMENDMENT -- Bart Simpson on chalkboard