adonthell-general

[Adonthell-general] Character listing of v0.4

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Character listing of v0.4
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 17:46:48 -0500

Regarding general npc design and thes specifics of how many (if any)
npcs are vying with M for the task of taking up the Dwarvish quest:
As I was thinking over the last couple of weeks, I realized that the
reasonable npc density is much higher in the Dwarvish quarters than
elsewhere. Waste's Edge has moderate or baseline population density,
the monastery, camp, and lodge have very low population density, and
the Dwarvish settlements would have much higher population density.
The Dwarvish areas are, in short, a good deal more 'urban' than
elswhere. I am still trying to work out what this implies. It
certainly seems that not all the Dwarvish npcs M will encounter will
know much about what is going on. Some, like those she is vying with
for the right to find the Dwarvish gems, will know next to nothing.
Others might know quite a bit.